8-Week Mindfulness course cost £195
Next course starts on Monday 11th Feb, 2019, 7pm – 9pm
What people gained from the course
Thank you. You both have been great teachers and very supportive. You have been very reflective and made some sensible and wise comments. LD
Time for myself and the ability to appreciate less than I thought I needed to be happy. CW
A sense of believing that I am important and am allowed to have time for me. BH
MINDFULNESS FOR EVERYDAY LIFE
Stressful events are a part of life but the way in which we cope with these events can have a bearing on our emotional, physical and mental well-being. How we respond can influence whether the stress becomes hard to handle and whether other unhelpful ways of behaving come into play. As we become more aware of our feelings, body sensations and thoughts, we can find that we have more choice about how to handle the stressful situation and we can free ourselves from habitual ways of behaving.
Our 8-week mindfulness course will be helpful to anyone who is struggling with symptoms of stress and anxiety and those who are looking to develop a better work/life balance. During the course you will learn to become more aware of your mind and body, to reduce negative thought patterns, to stay in touch with awareness in the present moment and develop more healthy responses to stress.
THE BENEFITS OF MINDFULNESS
- It lowers stress literally
- It can help you to sleep better
- It can help regulate emotion
- Promote well-being
- It lowers the risk of depression
- It can help you develop self-awareness
- It can reduce negative patterns of thinking.
- It brings people together
- It can support personal relationship
TOPICS COVERED ON THE COURSE
Session 1. Introducing mindfulness
Session 2. Handling stress.
Session 3. The power of being present: living all your moments.
Session 4. Learning about our reactivity to stress.
Session 5. Coping with stress: using mindfulness to respond instead of react.
Session 6. Stress communications and interpersonal mindfulness.
Session 7. Lifestyle choices: How can I best look after myself.
Session 8. Keeping your mindfulness alive!
AIM OF THE COURSE
- The aim of the mindfulness course is to increase awareness so that we can learn to live more fully, responding to situations with choice rather than reacting automatically.
- Mindfulness is a way of training our mind to be aware of our thoughts and feelings. By learning to really pay attention to what is going on, instead of getting stuck in negative thoughts patterns we can learn to step back and view situations from a different perspective.
- Mindfulness offers people a way of working with their minds, which will not only benefit their mental heath but their physical health as well.
- Being open to all our experience has the possibility of leading us to greater health, well-being, and contentment.